Thursday, April 24, 2014

Just found out the other day that a cousin of mine from Germany, like my sister, is also battling a cancer recurrence. He was diagnosed with leukemia a few years ago, and there was a while when he wasn't doing too well, but he was eventually told he was in remission. Now the cancer's back, and he's in need of a bone marrow transplant. I checked to see if it'd be possible for me to donate, but I can't because of my history. Just like I can no longer donate blood. Having also had a blood cancer makes my blood and marrow unsafe somehow. Apparently, if there's some latent cancer cell in my blood, it could potentially be passed on to the recipient and reproduce. It's unlikely, but possible. I feel so useless and so far away from everything that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment